Board Meeting: December 20
At this meeting, a quorum was present, and the Board took the following actions:
- Authorized the Comptroller of the City of New York to invest certain portions of the Contingent Reserve Fund, the Pension Reserve Fund, the Annuity Savings Fund, and the Annuity Reserve Fund for a three-month period, terminating on March 31, 2013.
- Authorized the Comptroller of the City of New York to invest the net contributions derived from the Fixed portion of the Tax-Deferred Annuity Program for a three-month period terminating on March 31, 2013.
- Agreed to increase the agency budget for Fiscal Year 2013 in the amount of $1,315,793 to provide for the initial costs associated with the implementation of the Tier VI pension plan.
- Approved the retention of Rocaton Investment Advisors, LLC to provide investment consulting services for both the Qualified Pension Plan and the Variable Program for one three-year term with the right to renew for one subsequent additional three-year term.
- Authorized TRS to pay the New York City Employees' Retirement System for expenses incurred in the disaster recovery efforts as a result of Hurricane Sandy and to contract with outside vendors to provide goods and services necessary to complete the disaster recovery efforts and the orderly return to TRS' offices.
Investment Meeting: December 6